Thursday, September 17, 2015

Dashcam Review: Innovv K1 2-channel Motorcycle DVR

Apologies in advance for the long post, but thought I’d share my experience with installing my new dashcam on my NCX - something I wanted to do for some time, but have been putting of until now.

As a commuter who uses his NCX every day around London, I’ve always wanted to install a dashcam on my bike for the extra insurance against those sleepy/angry/doing makeup/on the phone cagers we deal with on the daily peak hour commute. Having had two SMIDSYs in the past, I figured it’s probably a matter of when, not if, the next one will be, so best have that little extra insurance, just in case.

I know there are hundreds of different options out there, but for me, the solution had to be:
  • Permanent and wired in - Plugging it in and changing batteries and switching it on and off every time I ride will get tiring.
  • Discrete  - Needed to be tucked away and just “work”. I knew this meant more work installing it, but nothing screams “rob me” than a shiny GoPro flimsily clamped onto the handlebars.
  • Not too expensive -  Enough to pay for decent quality, but not so much that it’s obvious the profit’s spent on sponsoring extreme sports and filming bikini clad girls on exotic beaches.
  • Front and back - The more coverage the better.
  • Dashcam features - Functions specific to dashcam recorders, like auto on/off, motion detection, SD card cycling, etc.
Click below to learn more details and the discussions. 








No comments:

Post a Comment